Renaming of child themes… in particular Outreach Pro

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Renaming of child themes… in particular Outreach Pro

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Andrea Rennick 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

computerkitten
    Participant

I was having a lot of problem tonight with renaming of a child theme (was Outreach Pro) and I followed the following URL:

http://www.mithusarkar.com/how-to-rename-genesis-child-theme/

Maybe I did something wrong… but it would not activate (the newly renamed child theme after I updated the folder name, style.css, functions.php. I ended up reuploading the child theme completely and wondered afterwards if this was the latest instructions for renaming a child theme?

Thanks,
    CK

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

You can skip changing the name in functions.php if you want. Al you need to do is change the folder name and the name at the top of style.css.

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

computerkitten
    Participant

Hello Andrea,

Thanks for the help. Tried that out and it didn’t work… and I had activated a different theme when I made the changes. Renamed the ftp folder to boing and then edited the information at the top of the stylesheet to say boing for the Theme name.

I think I will revert back… but any idea?

Thanks!!
    CK

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

Make sure there are no spaces or capital letters in the theme folder name.

For that part, it isn’t really Genesis specific at all.

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.