Repositioning Logo

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Repositioning Logo

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  colson 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

JWsimpkins
    Participant

Hey guys,

I’m currently using the Eleven40 theme and I want to repositioning my logo, moving it slightly to the right along the header. Can anyone please tell me which line of code in the CSS style sheet do I need to alter?

Thanks!

Jason

http://fitmenover40.com

colson
    Participant

actually what I would do is remove the logo from the header and then put it in the Title area this will work better for your responsive I think. So what you could do is add this to your css on line 186

#title-area {
    background: url(“http://fitmenover40.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/logo1.png”) no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    float: left;
    margin: 0 0 20px 80px
    width: 35%;
    }

You can change the 20 which is the bottom margin distance and 80 is the left margin… I just kinda guessed where you maybe wanted it.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  colson.

JWsimpkins
    Participant

Hi Colson,

Thanks for your reply!

If I input the code you suggested, where exactly would my logo be placed? I’m not really a techie, so I don’t know the difference between the header and the title.

colson
    Participant

It would be in the same place but over to the right more. In the header left area there is an area which is #title-area that is about 300px wide(you can change with if needed) but you don’t. And when you have just a logo like you do you can pop it in there instead. If you want just copy that code and pop it into your css file and you can see what it looks like. You can leave your other header in there for now just to see how it will look.

Corinne

JWsimpkins
    Participant

Hi Corinne,

OK, that makes sense.

When you say to input the code into line 186, I’m not sure where that is, because when I go into my editor there are no line numbers in the style sheet.

colson
    Participant

Sorry you only see the line number in firebug or if you download your css file and use an editor. line 186 should be down just a bit in your css just look for #title-area you will see it just below #header in your css file I believe.

JWsimpkins
    Participant

Cool, thanks, Corinne, I’ll give a shot!

colson
    Participant

I have to leave in about 15 min so if you try it now I will be around for a bit more.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.