Resizing header image in Prose for mobile

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Resizing header image in Prose for mobile

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  wendycholbi 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

beckster
    Participant

Hi everyone! I’m using Prose and am a complete beginner. Ack! My problem at the moment is that I want to have an image/logo in my header that works well/looks good for various size screens and I can’t seem to figure out how to do that. There is an image in a sample post on Prose where the image resizes based on screen size, so this should be possible, surely? I believe I am supposed to create various size images for the various screens, but where/how do I put all this in Prose? Help please! :)

wendycholbi
    Participant

Can you give us the URL of your site?

Have you added a custom header image in Appearance –> Header?

Once you do have a custom header installed, see how it looks using the Genesis responsive simulator: http://www.studiopress.com/responsive/

I love WordPress, Genesis, and the Prose child theme (my complete guide to using Prose is here: SiteSetupKit.com). Say hi on Twitter: @wendycholbi

beckster
    Participant

Hi Wendy – thanks for the reply! Yes, I’ve uploaded a custom header image as you said and tested it using the simulator and it doesn’t resize. My site is mostlymeaningful.com – nothing much there, just the sample posts and the header is just an image I did up quickly to play around with the layout, but at least it’ll show you what isn’t working! :) Thanks!

TAN6O
    Participant

Hi, I’m also having this same problem and I can’t find a way to fix it.  Could anybody please suggest a solution?

wendycholbi
    Participant

Nick the Geek has been working on a plugin called Genesis Responsive Header, which solves this problem by allowing you to upload several different sizes of header for display on various smaller screens. Try it out and see if it works for you.

I love WordPress, Genesis, and the Prose child theme (my complete guide to using Prose is here: SiteSetupKit.com). Say hi on Twitter: @wendycholbi

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.