Responsive header

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Responsive header

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AC 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

brook1979
    Participant

Hi People,

I have a background image in my header “using the sample genesis” and Im trying to get it to be responsive, I tried using the plugin by Nick, but that didn’t work……

Any ideas as to what I can do to achieve this? Im not that savvy at the minute with @media and responsiveness but Im learning :)

If you could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks

http://www.oovar.com/special-offers-gifts-and-promotions

AC
    Blocked

It’s because your header image is too large. The size of is is 1903px wide by 164px tall.

AC
    Blocked

What you might want to consider is developing a different header that is similar to the desktop version but will work with his plugin.

brook1979
    Participant

Hi Anitac,

Sorry that doesn’t make sense to me “Desktop version”?? The reason the header is so big is probably because Im working on a 22″ monitor so I made it to fit this if that makes sense.

I have other smaller images of the same version as I did them to fit in with the “responsive header plugin”.

Any ideas??

Thanks for chipping in.

AC
    Blocked

Desktop meaning a regular computer… desktop computer, traditional laptop – not a mobile device like cell phones, ipads, tablets, Kindles. On your home page – you have a background image – http://www.oovar.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/oovarbackground.png – it’s not responsive. Then when I visit the page you provided above, the header image is different.

If you activated the plugin and you put the header sizes in there – they are not being seen. I still see the original header.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.