Responsive Image Header

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Responsive Image Header

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  marjwyatt 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

marjwyatt
    Participant

I’d like to know if anyone has discovered the way to make image headers responsive in the Genesis Framework.

When I activate an image header at 400 pixels wide, it doesn’t scale down with narrower browser widths.  The only way that I could make things work for all mobile devices was to redeclare the header and title text areas of the style sheet in the smaller widths and use smaller images on those statements.

Based on this experience, I’m thinking that the Genesis framework might need an update to the code that will allow us to upload multiple image headers for the various widths.

Has anyone come up with a better way to do this?  If so, I’m all ears.

Thanks in advance.  :)

Virtually Marj Wyatt
    VirtuallyMarj.com | Twitter | Facebook | Google +

Pixel Frau
    Participant

Check out Nick’s plugin: http://designsbynickthegeek.com/plugins/genesis-responsive-header

Julia
    ===============
    Need help customizing your Genesis child theme? Come visit me at Pixel Frau.

marjwyatt
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion.

The problem with using a plugin is that plugins are not always maintained. If the code was part of the Genesis Framework itself, ongoing support would be guaranteed.

Virtually Marj Wyatt

Pixel Frau
    Participant

You’re right, ongoing support is not guaranteed, which is exactly why I don’t often recommend plugins. Nick, however, is a regular contributer to StudioPress. You could always take a look at the plugin and come up with something of your own.

Julia
    ===============
    Need help customizing your Genesis child theme? Come visit me at Pixel Frau.

marjwyatt
    Participant

I tried the plugin.  It didn’t work for me.

Yes, plugins are not supported forever.  Even those written by our mutual colleague, Nick.  See this thread:
    http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/move-search-form-to-secondary-nav/

Virtually Marj Wyatt

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.