Responsive slider in Generate theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Responsive slider in Generate theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tproud 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

tproud
    Participant

Does anyone know how to get the Responsive slider to work in Generate theme if you are using a static page as your front page (vs. posts page)? I have installed the slider plugin but it won’t show up. Actually, I’m open to ideas – what I need is to have a slider on my front page. Thanks!

Susan

Have you created and registered a widget area for your static page?

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

tproud
    Participant

Susan, thanks for your response. I have read the Widgets API thoroughly but since I’m not very code-savvy, I could not do that correctly. Not sure which code I should add to functions.php and which – to home.php. :(

Susan

If you have a static home page, you wouldn’t add any code to home.php – the home.php controls the actual home page that came with the theme, not a static page used as your homepage.

This tutorial (although written for the Executive theme) should work for your theme, especially as it’s written for a site which has a static page for the homepage.

http://ow.ly/nnWyQ

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

tproud
    Participant

Thank you so much for your help. I have followed the tutorial and managed to get the slider on my static home page. Now, however, the style is gone, the content area has lost its definitive Generate theme border and is stretched 100% across the page: http://lendingbeeinc.com/test/. It used to look neat and centered and bordered just like the slider and footer area there. Is it possible to fix? Thank you again!

tproud
    Participant

The interesting thing is as soon as I remove the slider from the new widget area, the styling gets back to normal.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.