sample theme question

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks sample theme question

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  thierry 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

thierry

Hello,

Just started working with genesis and the sample theme, i love it.

I have 2 questions:

- How do i get rid of 1 of the 2 home buttons in my nav menu?

- how do i change the red color everywhere (in the h1 tags and buttons etc…) to blue?
    I would like to change it like this http://ozzyrodriguez.com/plugins/best-genesis-plugins/

Tnx in advance

Porter

Please provide a link to your site so we can see it.

I gladly accept beer donations – payment@gemfruit.com

thierry

thierry

Ok solved the 2 home buttons so i just would like to know how do i change the red color everywhere (in the h1 tags and buttons etc…) to blue?
    I would like to change it like this http://ozzyrodriguez.com/plugins/best-genesis-plugins/

Porter

Are you aware of the right click > inspect element ability of your browser? This allows you to see the code, and when you do this on a specific part of the site, you can find how it works.

In your case, you want to search your style.css file for “e5554e”, that’s the red color being used. Do a “find” (ctrl + f) in style.css, and see what each area using “e5554e” is. I assume most will be a { (links), h tags, etc. You can even right click > inspect element on the page you like, to see the hex value of the blue that you like. You could grab that exact value, and replace the current red.

I gladly accept beer donations – payment@gemfruit.com

thierry

Cool, thanks for your help.

No i wasn’t aware of that, i’m not into code and CSS and HTML etc that’s why i turned to the forum for help.

Thanks again Porter for your help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘sample theme question’ is closed to new replies.