schema markup, genesis 2 and yoast plugin

Community Forums Forums General Discussion schema markup, genesis 2 and yoast plugin

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

carplu
    Participant

Hi

i have Genesis 2 with Yoast Plugin

also i installed custom theme Prestige (zigzagpress)

But how do i get the schema markup that is supposed to give the rich snippets?

i can not find settings anywhere for this… would i still have to create custom php files for this??

cheers Carlo

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    The simple answer is that you need the Genesis 2 compatible version of Prestige. Otherwise, HTML5 and Schema markup will not be turned on – this is so that the theme will be backward compatible. I can’t see your site, so I can’t tell which version of the theme you have.

Zigzagpress is gradually making all their themes Genesis 2 compatible. I see that they do have a Genesis 2 version of Prestige. Do you have it? If you’re not sure, check your downloads or ask Zigzagpress.

Ciao,
    Dave

David Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

carplu
    Participant

Hi David

I have Genesis 2 and Prestige 1.6.1

i can not find the schema markup when creating a post or page… i thought it would be easier with these versions of Genesis and child themes to get the schema markup by just selecting it…

Unfortunately it is not there i guess

The only stuff i find is the social stof like the open graph , twitter and google + authorship but that is handled by yoast plugin

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    I just looked at the theme demo, and it looks like you may have the latest version. The demo does have schema markup in it, so it’s definitely viable.

By the way, you won’t see anything in your page editor that refers to schema, this is automatically generated for you. View Source on your site, and do a find on “itemtype”. If you see those, schema is working.

If you want to alter what’s being written in the schema, that’s another story. :-)

Ciao, Dave

David Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.