Search Bar Disappears When Viewed in Mobile

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Search Bar Disappears When Viewed in Mobile

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ontiversmo 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ontiversmo
    Participant

I like having a search bar on my website, and I would like it even more if the search bar stayed in the header when the site is viewed on a mobile device. I can’t figure out how to make it stay put when the screen size is reduced.

Thanks!
    Steve O.

http://blenderbabes.com

mickmel
    Participant

At approximately line 2283 in your main style.css file it sets the search to “display: none;”. Remove that line and you should be good.

nunotmp
    Participant

Mickmel is correct. You style sheet uses this style

#nav li.right {
    display: none;
    }

when the screen size is lower than 960px. If you remove the display: none; you will need to add some additional styles to position the search properly or it will float off to the right. Good luck.

ontiversmo
    Participant

Nice, thank you both. I found the line of code and removed the display: none;

I suppose my friend will ask me to center the search bar in mobile, while keeping it flush right in larger screens. Any chance I can trouble you for some assistance to get that part right?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.