SEO Slider

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TishaOehmen 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jeanboucher
    Participant

What I am looking for, is a slider that is NOT linked to the POST.
    I want to be able to control what I write on the overlay of the Slider NOT an excerpt from the post.

Do you know a Plugin that can Do that?

I am using Genesis Framework with the Genesis Responsive Slider & this is not What I am looking for…, I want to have complete control on the Overlay text.

As you very well know the text is the SAME on the Slider & the Post because they are linked together.

I hope I have explained it correctly, English is not my native language.

Thank you for suggestions

TishaOehmen
    Participant

Try CIMY Header Image Rotator. You can choose whether it links somewhere or not, and if there is a caption (or not). You can download the code to turn it into a widget here: https://gist.github.com/4200996

Tisha Oehmen, Paradux Media Group
    Twitter: @TishaOehmen

jeanboucher
    Participant

Thank you very much Tisha

What I have done following Tisha instructions (maybe it could help someone else)

Install CIMY Header Image Rotator Plugin & enable it
    Create a Folder named “widgets” inside the lib folder of my child theme, in my case -> wp-content -> themes -> optimal -> lib -> widgets
    Upload the images -> WP Dashboard: Settings -> Cimy Header Image Rotator
    Add this line into function.php -> include_once( CHILD_DIR . ‘/lib/widgets/cimy-slider.php’);
    Copy the code that CIMY generate & Paste the code inside the “cimy-slider.php” file that Tisha have provided in line 30
    style it

Hey Tisha,
    Any chance that you turn it into an easy WYSIWYG Interface instead of having to modify the cimy-slider.php file to make some adjustments?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  jeanboucher.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  jeanboucher.

TishaOehmen
    Participant

Generally, I don’t want clients getting in there and messing with the settings — that’s why it’s not WYSIWYG. But if you wanted to take a pass at it, feel free to go for it. :)

Glad it worked for you though!

Tisha Oehmen, Paradux Media Group
    Twitter: @TishaOehmen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.