separator line between nav bar items

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks separator line between nav bar items

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

janburg
    Participant

I’m using Genesis Frameworks and want to put a | divider between items on the nav bar. I’ve tried adding in “border-right: 1px #d7d7d7;” to a number of different places in the CSS to no avail. Can someone save me from my hunt and peck version of design, someone who knows where the right code should go, point out the way to me?

Teaching myself is one step forwards after about 200 back.

Thanks,
    jan

http://bgslaw-ga.com

David Chu
    Participant

Hi!
    I’m on a campaign to get my designer friends to stop that. :-) It just makes responsive coding harder, and just looks, well, not super modern. Still, this may help. I wonder if you were just lacking the “solid” part?

[css]
    .genesis-nav-menu > .menu-item > a {
    text-transform: uppercase;
    border-right: 1px solid #d7d7d7;
    }[/css]

Cheers, Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

janburg
    Participant

Ok, what’s a good responsive alternative to making the tabs look separate, especially on a mobile device? right now my tabs are all running together – I’m up for options. Thanks for the suggestions.

jan

David Chu
    Participant

That’s not a question with a clear answer, because no one on the entire planet agrees on what looks good on mobile devices. If you like the bars, by all means go for it.

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.