Set Gen Responsive Slider Text box transparency

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Set Gen Responsive Slider Text box transparency

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Tom 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Cindi
    Participant

Hi all – love fooling around with Genesis. I have the Agency child theme and wanted to share how to set the text box to a transparency (for anyone who isn’t a css whiz).

In your theme css (not the plugin css) style sheet:
    Go to Home Slider and find slide-excerpt, then add your choice for the opacity settings:
    .slide-excerpt {
    filter: alpha(opacity=100);
    margin: 0;
    padding: 22px 40px 22px 20px;
    opacity: 0.5;
    }

Cheers,
    Cindi

http://getafoothold.com

andymcgee
    Participant

Hey Cindi,

Do you know of a way to completely get rid of the text box and border surrounding post/page titles on genesis responsive slider? So that all your left with is the title itself. I’ve been trying to figure this out for the past few hours with little success. :S

Thanks,
    Andy

Tom
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I think you’re looking for something like this –> architourist.ca/
    No border lines, little padding, re-aligned text, etc.

Start with the Content Settings and other tweaks in the Slider Settings section under the Genesis menu. Some of the text and color changes were made directly via the Prose theme/plugins, however, I recall that most of the changes were made in the slider style.css. Kind of a no-no, but I couldn’t see a way around it. That file is backed-up and would be closely reviewed before applying any slider upgrade.

Use Firebug or your browser’s style inspector to find the elements you want to change, what file they live in and how you might modify them. The slider breaks down just like any other object.

Have fun.

Tom

Choose your next site design from over 350 Genesis themes.
    Updates via GenesisThemes.ca | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.