Setting up comments with FB and Commentluv

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Setting up comments with FB and Commentluv

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  butterguy 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

butterguy
    Participant

Hello,

I recently switched from themezilla to genesis and I’m having trouble with the comments section

What I would like to do is have facebook comments first, and then commentluv under that. I don’t expect to get a ton of regular comments but I want people to have the option.

Unfortunately, my regular comments are now placed above my FB comments, but there is no actual way to comment.

I’m wondering if i should use another facebook plugin anyway because I want a comment box on some (but not all) of my pages.

I’ve tried reinstalling, tried switching to genesis simple comments but nothing works. Any “Comments” experts out there?? Thanks in advance for your help, Tony

Butterfly Garden Ideas & InspirationMonarch Butterfly Garden

http://monarchbutterflygarden.net/butterfly-house-that-works/

braddalton
    Participant

You could add a new widget area after posts and above your comments and paste the code for the comments into that.

butterguy
    Participant

Hi Brad, I see that the facebook developer app is making it so that your wordpress comments show, but that so facebook is the only comment box you can enter any comments.

I’m wondering if this will still be an issue even if I make a new widget. Will check this out tomorrow

Is there a better facebook plugin than facebooks? My target market is MAINLY on FB, and I get a lot of shares/comments. However all my old facebook likes are now mysteriously missing from my website… arrggghhhh

I thought something like this might be a good alternative…I just wish I could manually have it set to facebook instead of google.

http://www.monarchbutterflygarden.net/butterfly-flowers/purple-butterfly-flower-power/

Any idea how to get my facebook likes back?  Thanks again, Tony

Butterfly Garden Ideas & InspirationMonarch Butterfly Garden

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.