Setting up Genesis/ WordPress noindex archive, category pages etc

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Setting up Genesis/ WordPress noindex archive, category pages etc

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  newedgemarketing 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

newedgemarketing

I’ve just had a few issues sorting out authorship and some of the feedback i received form the google product forums stated that when they searched for my content not my post but an archive page came up as the first (most relevant) result.

And suggested that… For WordPress, best practice is to noindex archive (category, tag, author, date based) pages as well as custom 404 or search pages. I also like to only show an excerpt of the posts only so as to avoid such (seemingly) duplicate content but that’s already about my personal preference.

Can someone tell me how i should setup either Genesis or WordPress properly so that the right parts of my pages are being indexed

Many thanks, S

http://newedgemarketing.com.au/

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

Are you using the built-in Genesis SEO? If so, you can make your archives, search results, etc. noindex and noarchive within the SEO settings. If you’re using a plugin for SEO those changes will be made within the plugin settings.

Hope that helps!

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

newedgemarketing

Thanks Andrea I’m using a plugin got it working ok now

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.