Several Questions

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Several Questions

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Summer 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

chhhad

Hi, I have a few questions I haven’t been able to find answers to. I’m using the Magazine theme.

First, I have the Featured Posts widget in my sidebar using 150×150 thumbnails. When I change it to 100×100, the thumbnails become super enlarged.

I’m also trying to use a plugin called WP-PageNavi for numbered page navigation, but when I activate it nothing happens. Is this an issue with the theme? Any fix?

Is it possible to use an image instead of the “Continue Reading…” text?

How can I do a horizontal slider for the Featured Posts widget? So users can scroll through more articles while staying on the same page.

Thanks for your help!

Summer
    Participant

Hi there — Hopefully we can get these answered for you!

First, was the 100×100 image pre-defined when you uploaded your feature image? If not, you may have to use a plugin called Regenerate Thumbnails to get the 100×100 version created properly.

Second, you don’t need WP-PageNavi… numeric page navigation is built into Genesis. Go to Genesis > Theme Settings, and look at the “Content Archives” settings. At the bottom of that box, you’ll see a dropdown to select what type of post navigation you want, Numeric or Previous/Next.

Next, yes it is possible to use an image, but you’d have to customize that CSS yourself to acheive that effect.

Finally, a slider and a featured posts widget wouldn’t go together, not the way you’ve described. You could put a slider in place of your featured posts widget, and configure it to only display the featured category you want, but it wouldn’t be part of the Featured Posts widget that comes with Genesis.

Which slider to use depends on your preference for features, but you could use either the Genesis Slider or Genesis Responsive Slider, both of which you can read about here: http://www.studiopress.com/plugins

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.