Shortcodes not working in category pages

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Shortcodes not working in category pages

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cehwitham 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Graywolfsurvival
    Participant

One of the things I’m trying to do is stovepipe my categories into something like little mini-blogs with a landing page that is the category page, with the posts of that category listed below. It works about 90% so far right out of the chute.

One thing I just noticed though is that things like shortcodes don’t work on the category page.

If you look at my current page for Best… you see that the shortcodes that list my blogroll and RSS feeds from each work the way they’re supposed to:

http://graywolfsurvival.com/best-prepper-and-survival-websites/

However, if you go to the category where my review posts are going to be listed, you can see that the exact same code doesn’t run:

http://graywolfsurvival.com/prepper-news-information/best-prepper-websites/

I’m very new to CSS/PHP and even newer to Genesis. I have the eleven40 theme.

Can you tell me what I need to do to get the codes to function on the category page like they do on the posts and pages? I’d rather edit the eleven40 pages than the Genesis ones if that’s possible.

The shortcodes are from plugins as you can see from the codes that show up as plaintext but I’m assuming there’s just something that isn’t referenced in the category pages of the theme that’s really the problem and not something that the plugins forgot to include. Could be wrong though.

cehwitham
    Participant

It looks like you’ve pasted the shortcodes in and as a result they’ve gone in as text rather than code.

Try deleting them and then toggle the editor to code rather than visual and paste or type the shortcodes in again. Currently they’re getting wrapped in paragraph tags and output as text rather than being processed as shortcodes.

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.