Side by Side items in Home Featured Area

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Side by Side items in Home Featured Area

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anita 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

kimberlyjob
    Participant

I’m new to WP and Genesis so hopefully this isn’t a stupid question.  On my site, I have an opt-in box centered under the Nav bar which I’ve placed in the Home Featured widget area in the Outreach theme.  Is there some way to move that to the right, then automatically import my latest blog post on the left in that same area?  Or if not a blog post, just make the left side an area for some other widget or content?

coachandkim.com

Anita
    Participant

Hi Kim, how did you add the script for the sign up box? I am looking at your code and I cannot find the ID to the area you placed it in. Here is what I did to accomplish what’s in this picture:

You would need to drag the Featured Post Widget into the same Home-Top area (1st in widget so it’s on the left and the sign up would be on the right) and then “float” the two areas – one left and one right.

Outreach – Two Column Format w/Slider hack

I took the Genesis Slider code and added it to the Style.css file and added the float.

[css]#genesis-slider {
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
    border: 10px solid #EEEEEE;
    padding: 10px;
    float: left;
    }[/css]

Then I dragged a Text widget under the slider in the Home Featured Widget area. That text widget id is “text-2”. I added the float and the width.

[css]#text-2 {
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
    float: right;
    padding: 10px;
    width: 440px;
    }[/css]

Unfortunately, not being able to see the ID for the location – it’s hard for “me” personally to target that area.

So you would replace the slider ID with your Sign Up box ID and the Text-2 code would be replaced with the ID for the Featured Post Widget.

I am available for freelance work if you are unable to do this. Just visit my website.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

kimberlyjob
    Participant

My opt-in box was created with the HybridConnect Widget.  I think I understand what you’re saying, but where do I find the Sign Up Box ID and the Featured post ID so that I can add it to the style.css file to add the float?

Anita
    Participant

You can use your browsers Developer tools to locate it. I use Firebug for Firefox.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.