sidebar widgets

Community Forums Forums General Discussion sidebar widgets

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

amyhlaff
    Participant

How do I change the font in widgets (featured page and user profile, specifically)?

anitac
    Participant

Please post a link to your website so we can take a look. Thanks

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

amyhlaff
    Participant

comprehensivems.com

anitac
    Participant

To change the Font for *all* Sidebar Widgets – look for this in your Style.css file:

.sidebar p {
    font-size: inherit;
    margin: 0 0 15px;
    }

Add this replacing the font-family name with the one you want.

font-family: ‘Arial’;

If you want to change the font-size, then change the “inherit” to the size you want.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

amyhlaff
    Participant

Add it where exactly? Not working yet… Thx!

.sidebar p {
    font-family: “Arial, Tahoma, sans-serif;

anitac
    Participant

You need to re-read what I wrote. Look for the existing code and then REPLACE it with your new code in the Style.css file. Go to Appearance > Editor and search in there for the original code.

amyhlaff
    Participant

Sorry, I’m not understanding what you mean (I’m new here). I’m not sure which code to replace.

Robert Neu
    Participant

I hope this doesn’t sound rude, but if you’re having  trouble editing a CSS file, you might want to consider hiring a professional to customize your theme for you.

You could also take a look at something like  the Genesis Extender Plugin: http://genesis.extenderplugin.com/

I don’t personally use or recommend it, but a lot of people like the fact that it makes it easier to edit different aspects of your child theme.

Co-Founder of Audit WP, a WordPress SEO audit service and Flagship, a new WordPress theme company launching soon!

anitac
    Participant

Yes, that is a bit rude. We all have to learn.

@amyhlaff, just go to Appearance on the left side, then select Editor. The Style.css file opens up by default. Scroll through and look for this:

.sidebar p {
    }

Then add your new font to it. Be sure to hit Save. If you are still having problems, just click my website in my footer, send me an email and I’ll help you for free.

Robert Neu
    Participant

It wasn’t intended to be rude. Not everyone needs to, or should, learn how to write code. Sometimes it’s better to hire a professional.

I don’t waste my time trying to fix my car because it’s not a good use of my time. Could I learn how if I wanted to? Probably. Should I? I doubt it.

I just figured I’d throw it out there as an option. Plus, I threw in the Extender plugin as another one in case hiring someone didn’t sound like a good idea either.

Co-Founder of Audit WP, a WordPress SEO audit service and Flagship, a new WordPress theme company launching soon!

anitac
    Participant

That’s fine, but as she stated… she’s new here and even throwing that might be too much. I don’t mind the hand-holding because people were patient with me.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.