Simple Hooks Home Page Generate Box Help Please

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Simple Hooks Home Page Generate Box Help Please

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

julesonline
    Participant

Hi :)

To add in a custom lead capture box to the Generate theme I used the Simple Hooks plugin instead of the “Generate Box Widget” - genesis_after_header Hook.

The form sits perfectly on the Home Page however it is also showing on every page. How do I stop it showing on all pages please as only wish to have it on the Home page of the website.

Thank you so much

Jules :)

anitac
    Participant

You need to add a conditional tag to tell it “home only” in your code.

[php]<tt><span class="external text">is_home()</span></tt> [/php]

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

julesonline
    Participant

Hi Anitac

Thank you, where abouts do i put this code piece please? I just tried to add it into the simple hooks box with the lead capture code but it didn’t work, so guessing I placed it into the wrong area. I also have both boxes ticked within the simple hooks area.

anitac
    Participant

I would need to see your actual code that you put inside the Hook to determine where you need it.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

julesonline
    Participant

Hi Anitac

Ok thank you :) second try at posting it in and i have broken urls up /changed the site name on purpose.

<div style=”background:url(http :// the webiste .com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/top-form1.jpg); width:959px; height:255px; margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto;”>
    <form action=”http:// www. aweber.com/scripts/addlead.pl” method=”post” style=”padding:0px; margin:0px;”>
    <input name=”meta_web_form_id” value=”1837090802″ type=”hidden”><input name=”meta_split_id” value=”” type=”hidden”>
    <input name=”unit” value=”listname” type=”hidden”><input name=”redirect” value=”redirect_e02e1225bc9b89cf22209ebfa0d62702″ type=”hidden”>
    <input name=”meta_adtracking” value=”adtrackid” type=”hidden”><input name=”meta_message” value=”1″ type=”hidden”>
    <input name=”meta_required” value=”name,email” type=”hidden”/>
    <input type=”hidden” name=”meta_tooltip” value=”” />
    <div style=”width:280px; float:right; padding-top:102px; padding-right:13px;”>
    <div style=”width:260px; float:right; padding-right:10px;”>
    <label style=”padding:0px; margin:0px; float:left; width:260px;”>
    <input name=”name” type=”text” id=”name” style=” width:260px; height:22px; margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:2px; float:left;” value=”Name” onFocus=”if(this.value==this.defaultValue)this.value=”;” onBlur=”if(this.value==”)this.value=this.defaultValue;” />
    </label>

<label style=”padding:0px; margin:0px; float:left; width:260px;”>
    <input name=”email” type=”text” id=”email” style=”width:242px; height:12px; margin-left:0px; margin-top:4px; margin-bottom:4px; float:left;” value=”Email” onFocus=”if(this.value==this.defaultValue)this.value=”;” onBlur=”if(this.value==”)this.value=this.defaultValue;” /> </label>

</div>
    <div style=”width:280px; float:right; padding-top:5px;”><input name=”” type=”image” src=”http: // the website .com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/do-it-btn.png” /></div>
    </div>
    </form>
    </div>

julesonline
    Participant

Hi All

Sorry to bump however still lost as to where to place the extra tag line. Would anyone know please where the tag needs to be placed in my code that Anitac has specified for me to do?

Have a great day!

Thank you

Regards Julie :)

julesonline
    Participant

Still hoping to get some help here please. Thank you so much.
    Regards

Julie

anitac
    Participant

Please share a link to you website so I can take a look. That code you provided is not what goes in the hook area.

julesonline
    Participant

Hi Anitac

Thank you so much for coming back and responding. I worked out the code should of just gone in a text box placed into the Generate widget and with fiddling of the template code was able to have the lead box placed in the area the default generate box sat.

Have an awesome day Anitac

Regards

Julie :)

anitac
    Participant

Thanks, glad you got it figured out.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.