Simple Sidebars

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Simple Sidebars

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  dev 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

CynthiaC
    Participant

I noticed since I upgraded to the new Genesis that I don’t get to ‘select’ my sidebars anymore.

I do have the Simple Sidebars plugin and it was working as usual until the new update. Any fixes?

Thank you
    C:

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    My Simple Sidebars are working fine with Genesis 2. I do know that there were some changes made for Genesis 2 in the plugin pretty recently. Do you have the latest plugin update?

If you do, the only thing I can recall is that some people had trouble with a newer version of PHP – there was some talk about that on the WordPress forum for the plugin.

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

lieuline
    Participant

This plugin is not working for me either ;-(

AC
    Blocked

What versions of Genesis Framework are you both using?

lieuline
    Participant

2.0.1 for me… & using a child theme on top of it.

AC
    Blocked

Can you please be more specific, i.e., what theme are you using and what is the URL to your site. It’s pretty hard to try to trouble shoot an issue if we don’t have all the details.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  AC.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  AC.

lieuline
    Participant

Thanks for responding –

My website is kooikersociety.org, and I am trying to get custom menus for different pages, ie a different menu on the front page, blog, member’s area, etc. When I used the plugin, I set everything up and assigned the new menus I created on the pages. However, nothing changed.

I am using a theme based off the sample theme that was provided. I have only added a few functions and altered some css, most of it is the same.

Thanks for your time!

AC
    Blocked

So you’re trying to use Simple Sidebars to add a menu to different pages? Let’s see, so you created a new sidebar. Then you went to your widgets and added the custom menu to the new sidebar. After that you went to your post and selected the new sidebar – save it and it’s not showing up? Is this all correct?

lieuline
    Participant

Wooahh I am tired, haha… I am working on my site’s menu right now… got menus on the brain.

Sidebars, I meant sidebars :-) Sorry about that. Let me try again:

My website is kooikersociety.org, and I am trying to get custom sidebars for different pages, ie a different sidebar on the front page, blog, member’s area, etc. When I used the plugin, I set everything up and assigned the new sidebars I created on the pages. However, nothing changed.

I am using a theme based off the sample theme that was provided. I have only added a few functions and altered some css, most of it is the same.

Thanks for your time!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  lieuline.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  lieuline.

AC
    Blocked

Disable your plugins, specifically the one for “Click the Login” – then try your sidebars again.

lieuline
    Participant

Okay I disabled everything except Genesis Simple Sidebars, but I am not seeing a change. My primary sidebar has a text widget, newsletter, and recent posts; while my news page should have a calender, categories, and archive widget.

AC
    Blocked

Go to your plugins and see if the Simple Sidebars needs to be updated. If so, update it. If not, I would suggest you post this issue on the plugin support page – http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/genesis-simple-sidebars.

dev
    Participant

I’ve got Simple Sidebars running on a client site with Gen 2.x and Appfinite Legacy’s update to HTML5. Works fine.

http://66.39.125.194/wp/

Dev
    NewMedia Website Design

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.