Site coming up blank

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Site coming up blank

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nutsandbolts 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

christinama

My site is coming up a blank page. Bluehost says they can’t help – something to do with the code. I think I broke it when I tried to put in a custom header. I’m a beginner at this so have no idea what I am doing. Can anyone here help me with this?

Thanks
    Christina

http://www.tumbleweedsandseeds.com

nutsandbolts

If you edited functions.php (the most likely culprit for a white screen), use Bluehost’s file manager or an FTP program to remove your edits and/or replace the original functions.php from your theme. That should fix the problem.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

christinama

Thanks for replying Andrea.
    I tried cutting and pasting the original function.php directly into WordPress dashboard editor and saved it But it said I broke the theme and a template was missing. Should that have worked? Seems if I even look at the function.php file, I break it. I don’t see where the file is to replace it in Bluehost file manager. Can you give me a hint? Thanks!

nutsandbolts

When you log into the file manager, you should be in the root directory for your site (unless you have multiple sites, in which case you might need to click on your site’s subfolder). From there, go to the wp-content folder, then the themes folder, then the beautiful folder. All the theme files will be there.

If you absolutely can’t get it fixed, you can always delete the entire beautiful folder and upload the zip file again. Hope that helps!

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.