Soon to be ex-Thesis user wondering how to change content width in Metro theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Soon to be ex-Thesis user wondering how to change content width in Metro theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lupin 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

lupin
    Participant

Hi

New here to Genesis. Just downloaded the lovely looking Metro theme, but while the different system is something I’m looking forward to learning, I can’t for the life of me work out how to change the width of the content (and therefore the sidebar) in the Metro theme.

I want to use the content and right sidebar set up, but need the content wide enough to take the 800 pixel images I have been using with Thesis. Any help sorting this out would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

dev
    Participant

Wouldn’t you just do this via a .css override or direct change? I don’t have Metro but on other themes it would be .the-sidebar-class {width: XXXpx;} You might have to change padding and magins as well. There are lots of tools to find ou the name of “the-sidebar-class”… we use Inspect Element of Chrome but somewhere there is a plugin that will show all the major classes on the screen.

Maybe there is a better way do to this in code but we never use code if something is possible in .css.

braddalton
    Participant

I’m using Metro and have also switched from Thesis a while ago.

I think you’ll find your images will resize.

I know when i insert images which are far larger than the content area, they resize.

You could test this locally or preview Metro to take a peek.

lupin
    Participant

Thanks!

Yeah, the images do resize, but I want them at 800 pixels, not smaller. That’s the problem…

I also looked at the css, but I’m not be very code savvy. Not at all sure what to change.

Any further help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

braddalton
    Participant

Try this and add the values to the CSS http://genesistutorials.com/understanding-genesis-layout-options/

Rather than change them, better to add a new layout option and use that as the default

lupin
    Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.