span tags in Metro Theme widget titles (FIX)

Community Forums Forums General Discussion span tags in Metro Theme widget titles (FIX)

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  John 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

John
    Participant

I really like the Metro theme, but as some others here have also found out there’s a conflict with certain plugins preventing their widget titles from displaying correctly. I wrote a blog post explaining why this happens, and what needs to be done to fix that: http://blackhillswebworks.com/2013/05/19/how-to-fix-studiopress-metro-theme-widget-titles/

You can also download the plugin that fixes this directly from WordPress here: Metro Theme Widget Titles

John Sundberg | blackhillswebworks.com
    A WordPress developer’s toolbox: Firebug | WordPress Codex | Google ;)

Anita
    Participant

Thank you so much for developing that!!! I have going nuts over this on two projects and also trying to help someone else with the same issue. I will forward her the information also.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

John
    Participant

You’re welcome! Are you running it on a live site yet? I’m curious to know how it works for other people…

Anita
    Participant

I have it on the Metro Buddypress Demo I set up – click here. I am installing it on a client shortly.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

Terri
    Participant

John… I’m just stopping by the forum to say that I would have a lot more hair on my head had I discovered your plugin a couple of weeks ago!!!  It’s working perfectly!!  THANK YOU for taking the time to develop this plugin, and thank you Anita for bringing it to my attention.  :-)

John
    Participant

You’re welcome! Glad to be of some help!

Terri
    Participant

Your plugin is such a huge help that it wouldn’t surprise me if it ended up somehow being implemented right into the Metro Theme.  :-)  It’s not often I find a plugin that works without having to do any fixes and/or modifications to it.

Larry James
    Participant

Thank you John.

Durham Web Designer | http://www.durhamwebdesigner.com

John
    Participant

You’re welcome, Larry!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.