Standard Plugins

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Standard Plugins

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 26 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  cneuman 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

braddalton
    Participant

It doesn’t provide email but it does include most of Jetpacks featured without needing to connect to their servers.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Joseph Lee
    Participant

@braddalton, I would like to use bootstrap on my genesis too. To really get behind that though, I’d need a reliable menu plugin for genesis that gives me access to the walker class without having to code that everytime. Something like simple edits but to dictate the menu markup easily.

Dallas Pearce
    Participant

Thanks for the responses guys, I’ve wound up with a few neat little plugins I didn’t know existed before.

Changing the world, one bit of awesome at a time!
    Dallas Hearts You

danromanchik
    Participant

What are you all using for post sharing? I just installed Slim Jetpack, and that does allow a post to be shared, but only if the user is already logged in. When I logged out and viewed a post, the icons don’t even display. I just want my blog readers to be able to e-mail their friends about my posts.

Summer
    Participant

It doesn’t have email as an option yet, but Floating Social Bar is what I’m starting to use. They say that future versions will have hooks that end users can use to customize which social services to display on their sites.

There’s also a new one I may try out, Simple Share Buttons Adder… it has an email option.

Dallas Pearce
    Participant

I’ve been using AddThis plugins to have a welcome bar with a share button based on what social network the user came to my site from, their social share buttons at the bottom of every post, smart layers for a floating share bar, and social sign in so they can interact on my blog with one click. I was actually pretty excited this week when they finally released a plugin for the smart layers.

And you can tie all of them to your AddThis account and configure which options are shown and how they’re shown, so it works out pretty well. I stopped using them for a while because of some preloading/caching issues, but they seem to have gotten all those sorted and it has minimal impact on the site speed, which is imperative for me.

Changing the world, one bit of awesome at a time!
    Dallas Hearts You

coralseait
    Participant

I really like bootstrap with Genesis. I haven’t tried that table plugin so I’ll have to compare.

I also tend to use Better WP Security and BulletProof security. I use Better WP to change Admin ID and table prefix if need be and the bad / junk bot blocking and then add the .htaccess tweaks from it to BulletProof’s custom section then remove Better WP Security (unless I’m using the 404 banning).

coralseait
    Participant

Summer,

I love Simple Share Button Adder it is a great plugin and seemed to have much less impact on my sites than most others.

danromanchik
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion of Simple Share Button Adder. That’s exactly what I was looking for!

Summer
    Participant

Simple Share Button Adder looks really nice, but for some reason, at the moment, the share counts are off. Hopefully the plugin dev is working on that :)

But in other great plugin news, Justin Tadlock just this past weekend updated his awesome Series plugin!!! He’s overhauled the code, and now it needs at least WordPress 3.6, but it finally works again! Yay!

braddalton
    Participant

Yeah good stuff as i also use the series plugin.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

cneuman
    Participant

I just found this thread after searching the forum for “AddThis”. Hope it is all right to revive it now.

I tried the AddThis share buttons and the smart layers plugins and unfortunately both didn’t really work and seemed buggy. I also noticed the OP’s site no longer has any AddThis stuff. Wonder if @Dallas you had trouble too?

I wanted to thank you guys for the Simple Share recommendation as it works great and seems very resource friendly. Also will look at the table plugins mentioned. I’m using Foo Table now mainly to align images and text horizontally on a page and remain mobile responsive. Maybe there is a better way?

Thanks for the great plugin recommendations!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.