Streamline theme Update

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Streamline theme Update

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nutsandbolts 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Loudness
    Participant

Hi, created a website for a client using the Streamline theme. (Heavily customized). Theme 1 year ago was V 2.01. Studiopress now released V 3.01 a couple months ago. Questions :

1) What is the easiest way to uprade ? (take into consideration that the streamline 2.01 child theme was heavily customized). Is it possible to created a child theme of a child theme (so : Genesis(parent) -> Streamline(child) -> Custom theme(child of Streamline)) so any future update will be easier ?

2) Is there a log file with the change made to the theme ? I noticed the old V2 was 960px wide & that the new one is 1140px ? Is that possible ?

• This topic was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Loudness.
    • This topic was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Loudness.

nutsandbolts

The new Pro version of Streamline is a completely different child theme – there is no reason to update unless your client wants a whole new design. Any customizations made to the old version of Streamline would be lost.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Loudness
    Participant

Hi Andrea, thanks for the info.

My client would like to have a 1140px wide layout. Do you think there is a lot of work involved in changing the V2 child theme to 1140px ? Is it something possible without spending too many hours ?

nutsandbolts

Is the current site mobile responsive? I know the theme is, but some people remove the mobile responsive elements. Technically you could change the grid on the old theme to be 1140px wide but you’d have to alter a LOT of CSS, especially to maintain the mobile responsiveness.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.