Styling Column Classes

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Styling Column Classes

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jbculp 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mrsmarshah
    Participant

How would I style column classes? I have several 1/3′rd columns, I would like to have alternating colors vertically (grey, white, grey, white…)

I have tried the following:

.one-third2 {
    width: 31%;
    background: #eee;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #CCC;
    }

and

.first2 {
    background: #fff;
    clear: both;
    padding-left: 0;
    }

I’ve also tried .one-third2 while removing the width and removing the clear and padding-left from .first2. My result is that the column classes are thrown off and end up stacking.

http://designedbymarsha.com/test/rental-equipment/sidebooms/

SoZo

Did you also add floats to them?

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

jbculp
    Participant

May I add a rookie question to this discussion on Columns? I’m using a two column layout on a page and after the two columns, I go to a one column wide gravity form. Everything is working except the H4 tag above the form is floating to the right. I tried putting that section of the page in a Div but it didn’t help.  How do you control that heading to stay left? If it’s a float, how do you do that inline?

Thanks

jc

jbculp
    Participant

Disregard. The second column had an image in it and the pushing around of the heading tag below had to do with the image, not the columns. Sorry to bother everyone.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.