Swapping theme fonts

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Swapping theme fonts

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Marco 1 year, 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I really like the agency pro theme at the moment, but I don’t like the fonts so much. Conversely, I really like the Magazine Pro fonts. I own both themes, and was wondering if it is possible to basically import the Magazine Pro fonts into AgencyPro as a straight swap usage for usage?

Yes, you can do that. Look in your Agency Pro functions.php and you’ll see this:

//* Enqueue EB Garamond and Spinnaker Google fonts
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'agency_google_fonts' );
    function agency_google_fonts() {
    	wp_enqueue_style( 'google-fonts', '//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=EB+Garamond|Spinnaker', array(), CHILD_THEME_VERSION );

You can swap that for the function from Magazine Pro (adapted because you don’t need the additional scripts called in Magazine Pro):

//* Enqueue Google Fonts
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'magazine_enqueue_fonts' );
    function magazine_enqueue_fonts() {
    	wp_enqueue_style( 'google-fonts', '//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto:300,400|Raleway:400,500,900', array(), CHILD_THEME_VERSION );

Then you’ll need to go into your Agency Pro stylesheet and switch every instance of EB Garamond and Spinnaker to Roboto and Raleway. Hope that helps!

Andrea Whitmer, Owner/Developer, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide development and training services for designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the reply. That worked well. Only issue is the font now on the Agency theme looks like a “bold” version of what it was on Magazine Pro. Any thoughts?

Thanks again.

My test site http://www.callummahoney.com/blog

Hello, if you mean the font weight on paragraphs you better change in body the weight to 300 ( now is 400).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.