Swapping theme fonts

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Swapping theme fonts

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Marco 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Callum
    Participant

Hi,

I really like the agency pro theme at the moment, but I don’t like the fonts so much. Conversely, I really like the Magazine Pro fonts. I own both themes, and was wondering if it is possible to basically import the Magazine Pro fonts into AgencyPro as a straight swap usage for usage?

nutsandbolts

Yes, you can do that. Look in your Agency Pro functions.php and you’ll see this:

//* Enqueue EB Garamond and Spinnaker Google fonts
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'agency_google_fonts' );
    function agency_google_fonts() {

wp_enqueue_style( 'google-fonts', '//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=EB+Garamond|Spinnaker', array(), CHILD_THEME_VERSION );

}

You can swap that for the function from Magazine Pro (adapted because you don’t need the additional scripts called in Magazine Pro):

//* Enqueue Google Fonts
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'magazine_enqueue_fonts' );
    function magazine_enqueue_fonts() {

wp_enqueue_style( 'google-fonts', '//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto:300,400|Raleway:400,500,900', array(), CHILD_THEME_VERSION );

}

Then you’ll need to go into your Agency Pro stylesheet and switch every instance of EB Garamond and Spinnaker to Roboto and Raleway. Hope that helps!

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Callum
    Participant

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the reply. That worked well. Only issue is the font now on the Agency theme looks like a “bold” version of what it was on Magazine Pro. Any thoughts?

Thanks again.

My test site http://www.callummahoney.com/blog

Marco
    Participant

Hello, if you mean the font weight on paragraphs you better change in body the weight to 300 ( now is 400).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.