Switching from Thesis Framework to Genesis

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Switching from Thesis Framework to Genesis

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rockpress 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

rockpress
    Participant

Hello everyone! I have a client who wants to switch from the Thesis to Genesis. I really can’t find much info online about switching frameworks and anything I have found says you shouldn’t do it. Does anyone have any advice to make this a smooth transition?

Thanks, y’all rock!

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

Set them up a test site with Genesis.

Go to their live site and Export their content. Import it into their test site. Now you will see what happens when you switch.

You’re just activating a different theme in WordPress. The test site is only to show you want to expect. If you have hardcoded functionality in the old theme, you will lose it in the new one. Unless you figure out how to add it in.

BUt the content always stays the same. Doesn’t matter if you are using a “framework” or not. At its core, it is still just a theme in WordPress.

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

rockpress
    Participant

Thanks Andrea for clearing that up for me. You just helped me to level up!

Randy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.