Hi everyone! I was working on a design for someone, and as we were fininshing up I told her to delete all of the old themes that she had on her blog that she wasn’t using, (there were 16 or so) and she emailed me after saying she didn’t know what she did, but there was a boo boo. Did she delete Genesis? She isn’t sure what she did but the blog is gone. What can I do to bring her back up? http://bostonlovessanibel.com I tried looking in her ftp, and I don’t think I saw genesis anymore, but I also can’t upload zipped files there to put it back. (if this is even the solution?) Any help would be great thanks!
Don’t worry. You don’t need a backup. This happens when you delete the parent theme. You won’t even be able to login to WordPress the normal way. I had the same thing happen to my blog once.
All you have to do is:
1. Login to your WordPress account through FTP (you would get the details from your service provider)
2. Delete the Genesis and the child theme folder entirely (you might need to search for it a bit to locate them)
3. Log out of FTP and try login to WordPress the normal way (through your browser)
4. You would only have one theme now, the WordPress default them
5. Intall Genesis once again and you would be good to go!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Are you a blogger, web designer, developer, or website owner looking to generate more income?
Promote products for the largest and fastest growing online website platform as part of our affiliate program.