Title on Minimum theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Title on Minimum theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  choikh 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

choikh
    Participant

Hi, I am using minimum theme in one of my website.

However, when I make a new page, I want to title show something other than the site description.

How should I change the code?

http://hkgraphy.com

cdils
    Participant

Hi,

Are you using an SEO plugin? If not, then the default Genesis SEO will allow you to specify custom titles on individual post/pages.

Go to any post/page edit screen and look in the upper right corner for the “Screen Options” tab. Open that up and make sure that Theme SEO settings is checked.

Once done, the SEO settings will be visible below the post content in a separate metabox. From there you can add a custom title.

Cheers,

Carrie

p.s. Even if you’re using a different SEO plugin, chances are still pretty good you’ll have the custom title option.

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I tweet @cdils.

choikh
    Participant

Hi Carrie,

Thanks for your reply. But I think it is not working.

How should I change that?? I really struggle for long time.

cdils
    Participant

Oh! Okay, we were talking about two different types of titles. The title I was describing is what will show up in browser tab.

The page title you’re referring to is being pulled from page-title.php. Do you want that area to always show the page title instead of the description? If so, you can change this in your page-title.php:

Find this:

elseif ( is_singular( 'page' ) ) {
    echo '<div id="page-title"><div class="wrap"><p>' . esc_html( get_bloginfo( 'description' ) ) . '<a class="page-title-button" href="#">' . __( 'Subscribe Now', 'minimum' ) . '</a></p></div></div>';
    }

Change to this:

elseif ( is_singular( 'page' ) ) {
    echo '<div id="page-title"><div class="wrap"><p>' . esc_html( get_the_title() ) . '<a class="page-title-button" href="#">' . __( 'Subscribe Now', 'minimum' ) . '</a></p></div></div>';
    }

Note: The only thing I changed in that code was to remove get_bloginfo( ‘description’ ) and replace it with get_the_title()

Cheers,
    Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I tweet @cdils.

choikh
    Participant

YEAH!! Thank you very much!!

Finally I can settle it!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.