Top Nav vs. Side Nav (referencing Sixteen Nine theme)

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Top Nav vs. Side Nav (referencing Sixteen Nine theme)

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mradam01
    Participant

I am working with the Sixteen Nine theme. I love it – it’s modern, sleek and unique.

But does anyone have any feedback on placing your menu navigation at the top of your screen vs. placing it vertically like in the Sixteen Nine theme? Aren’t most visitors conditioned to look for this at the top? I am sure they won’t be unable to find it, but in a work of internet speed and having 1 second to decide if a visitor will stay or bounce, I am just looking for any feedback from someone who may have some insight on this when it comes to conversions.

As a side note, I am using this as a small business website and not as a stand-alone blog. Thanks in advance.

-Adam

Susan

I don’t have any feedback when it comes to conversions, but I haven’t had an issue with knowing where a menu is; on a mobile device, it’s still going to be at the top.

If you’re looking for more feedback, you might want to head on over to Twitter, and use the #GenesisWP hashtag for some feedback from more of the community.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.