Top of Page

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  klipklopp 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

klipklopp
    Participant

Hello,

I am looking for a way to place code or a plugin in a couple areas of a page that will send the user back to the top of the page. I know I can put code in the page that will take the user to the top of the area below the menus, but I would like to find a way to send them all the way to the top.

I am using the News theme and the latest version of Genesis.

Thanks!

Ted

nutsandbolts

Can you post a link to your site? That will allow us to take a look and see what needs to be altered.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

klipklopp
    Participant

Sure – sorry,,, http://www.westminstertech.com is the site.

I am trying to avoid doing anything to the CSS files if I can.

Thanks Andrea!

Ted

nutsandbolts

You can try this. I’m not 100% positive it will work – I don’t have any test sites with News loaded at the moment so I can’t test this out – but it should.

Install and activate the Genesis Simple Edits plugin. Then under Genesis > Simple Edits in your dashboard, you’ll see a place to modify the “Back to Top” text. Delete the shortcode and put this in the box, then save:

<a href=#subnav>Return to Top of Page</a>

Then see if you’re returned to the very top of the site. If not, post back here and let me know.

I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

klipklopp
    Participant

Hi Andrea,

That doesn’t seem to work as it simply shows the code… Also I would like to be able to place the option to move back to the top of the page at the end of some of the sections of a page…

Here is an example – note that the Back to Top link doesn’t take you all the way up, which is what I am looking for…

http://www.westminstertech.com/ablenet/

Thanks for your help! I hope we can figure this out!

Ted

nutsandbolts

Actually, that link you posted is using the #subnav like I gave you, and it’s taking me to the very top of the site.

nutsandbolts

…And now it’s not because it looks like it was removed in Simple Edits.

klipklopp
    Participant

Thanks Andrea! You got me headed in the right direction and I figured it out!

Ted

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Top of Page’ is closed to new replies.