trying to remove footer in plugin

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks trying to remove footer in plugin

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  salvatore 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

john gronley
    Participant

Hello;

I am trying to remove the disclaimer in the bottom left corner of http://phoenixhomesforsalehq.com

Here is what is in the plugin’s footer.php, can someone tell me where it is fetching the disclaimer from or how to tweak the code to get rid of this?

<?php

class dsidx_footer {
    static $disclaimer_queued = false;

static function ensure_disclaimer_exists() {
    if (self::$disclaimer_queued)
    return;

add_action(“wp_footer”, array(“dsidx_footer”, “insert_disclaimer”));
    self::$disclaimer_queued = true;
    }

static function insert_disclaimer() {
    global $wp_query;

if (is_array($wp_query->query)
    && ((isset($wp_query->query["idx-action"]) && $wp_query->query["idx-action"] == “details”)
    || (isset($wp_query->query["idx-action"]) && $wp_query->query["idx-action"] == “results”))
    )
    return;

$apiParams = array();
    $apiParams["responseDirective.IncludeDsDisclaimer"] = (defined(‘ZPRESS_API’) && ZPRESS_API != ”) ? “false” : “true”;

$disclaimer = dsSearchAgent_ApiRequest::FetchData(“Disclaimer”, $apiParams);
    echo $disclaimer["body"];
    }
    }

AC
    Blocked

There’s two places you can look.

The first place – go to Genesis Settings > Scroll down to where there are two boxes – one marked Header, the other Footer. If there is anything in the Footer – REMOVE IT and save.

If the first option doesn’t work, the second would be – do you have Genesis Simple Hooks installed? If so, go to Genesis Simple Hooks under the Genesis tab. Scroll thru there to see if there is content inside any of the boxes. If you find it – remove it and save.

thewebprincess
    Participant

If I read you correctly the content is being placed by a plugin, is it the IDX one?  If the plugin is inserting the data, finding out the answer for the question might be easier by searching the plugin’s forums.

I wouldn’t recommend editing the plugin’s footer or else the changes will all be undone next time you upgrade.

AC
    Blocked

Add this to your Style.css file. It should remove it.

.dsidx-standalone-disclaimer {
    display: none;
    }

john gronley
    Participant

It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mucho thanks!

AC
    Blocked

Just place it at the very bottom.

salvatore
    Participant

me too it worked

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.