Uh Oh! Editing function.php code crashed site

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Uh Oh! Editing function.php code crashed site

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  DanielleM 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

DanielleM
    Participant

I was trying to edit the function.php file and crashed my site. Now all I get (backend or published site) is an error code:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/content/40/11426440/html/wp-content/themes/backcountry/functions.php on line 111

I can’t access any menu items on dashboard to activate my backup, reload the theme, or try to correct the problem.

What should I do?

http://mmmsocialmedia.com

braddalton
    Participant

Login to your server using FTP or File Manager in cPanel and download a copy of your child themes functions.php to your desktop as backup.

Then upload a copy of that file from your local backup or a new copy of the theme.

Looks like you are missing a closing curly bracket on line 111.
    [php]
    }
    [/php]

DanielleM
    Participant

Thank you so much for your response! I really appreciate you pin pointing the problem. Now I can learn from my mistake. Problem is solved!

I also received another response from a different forum site. Sharing below just in case someone else has the same problem in the future. Two possible solutions…

<<

You can use FTP (or other file manager your host provides) to deactivate that theme – by changing the name on the theme’s folder – find it here:

wordpress
    wp-content
    themes
    backcountryHOLD – add HOLD here

Then reinstall the theme or replace that functions.php file with a new copy.

>>

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Uh Oh! Editing function.php code crashed site’ is closed to new replies.