Unique Menu Items Per Page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Unique Menu Items Per Page

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  keyelementmedia 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

keyelementmedia
    Participant

I have a restaurant I’ve building a site for and they have multiple locations. Instead of doing dropdown menus, they’d simply like to take users to the individual page for a location. So, Location 1 would have a unique Food menu item and a unique About Page in the menu. Location 2 would have a unique Food and About page as well. All the other pages are shared. So if you are viewing location 1′s page, you see the exact same menu as you would on location 2, but the links go to different places.

Hopefully that makes sense. So should I just attempt to remove the display of the menu items that are not needed on a per page basis with some CSS or is there a better option?

Thank you, Jared

http://zanatas.keyelementmedia.com/

braddalton
    Participant

keyelementmedia
    Participant

I thought about this, however that utilizes a secondary menu option and mine is in header.

Thank you, Jared

braddalton
    Participant

In the header right widget using the custom menu widget?

You can use conditional tags or a plugin like Widget Visibility

keyelementmedia
    Participant

This appears to pertain to widget specifically…so you are suggesting I’d have two custom menus? One would appear on some pages as needed and the other the same….? That could work and is probably easier than keeping track of pages by ID in CSS….

Thank you, Jared

keyelementmedia
    Participant

This seems to work out, I just had to add some more CSS to style the new menu like the current one.

Thank you.

Thank you, Jared

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Unique Menu Items Per Page’ is closed to new replies.