Upgrade child theme to latest version

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Upgrade child theme to latest version

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mark Scott
    Participant

I haven’t been able to find this exact matter discussed in the forum, so please excuse me if it has.

I have a site using Executive 1.0 and I want to upgrade it to Executive 2.0.

Do I just install the latter theme and it overwrites the theme with the same name?

I know I will lose all customisation in the CSS and functions.php, but I’m wondering what happens to files in the theme’s images folder.

Susan

You will need to uninstall the older theme – it won’t allow you to install another theme with the same name.

Any files which are in the theme’s images folder (as distinct from the media library) will no longer be visible on your site. If you have updated files in the images folder, and you want to keep them, I would recommend adding them to the zip file of the updated theme before you install (or, you can FTP to your hosting site, and add them later.)

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Mark Scott
    Participant

Susan, thanks for clarifying that, and thanks for the quick response.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Mark Scott.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Mark Scott.

Susan

You’re welcome! I will go ahead and close this thread. Please start another one if you have another question!

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Upgrade child theme to latest version’ is closed to new replies.