Viewing education theme on ipad/mobile

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Viewing education theme on ipad/mobile

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wreese27 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

wreese27
    Participant

Since I didnt want this site to be responsive, I removed the responsive code for the education theme (http://testfit2.abbyconnect.com). When I view it on the ipad, the full width of the site doesnt show up in the browser window. How do I fix this? I am new to this so I have limited coding knowledge. thanks

Riavon
    Participant

I’m confused. You don’t want the site to be responsive, and removed the responsive code, yet you don’t understand why you can’t see the full width of the content on your ipad? The responsive code is what makes the site render correctly on mobile devices.

Twitter: @riavonentprises

wreese27
    Participant

Maybe I am not phrasing this right. When i say i dont want it to be responsive, I dont want it collapsing the site so that the menu is stacking on top each other. I just want the site to fit in the window as it is built.

Riavon
    Participant

Then you need to edit your style.css to size and position your page elements as percentages and ems rather than fixed widths (i.e. 1140px) and px. Bear in mind that this can potentially make some menu items and other text difficult to read.

Twitter: @riavonentprises

wreese27
    Participant

thanks, I been catching up on some other things, so sorry for following up on this so late. so are you saying that on this for example

@media only screen and (max-width: 800px) {

body {
    width: 100%;
    margin: 0 auto;
    }

I would need to uniformly change the % value for each individual size?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.