Viewport Meta Tag

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Viewport Meta Tag

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  relaxedguy 19 hours, 7 minutes ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

harpy

I have created a custom theme based on the Genesis sample-theme provided by Studiopress. It looks great on my large monitor but when it is viewed on a laptop the layout forces the menu into two lines and some of the photos down below text that they should be side by side with. I would like the page to simply “zoom out” when viewed on a laptop. It seems that I can accomplish this with the viewport meta tag, but I’m having trouble grasping how to do this. Any guidance would be very much appreciated.

http://www.lywebdesign.com/kona/

Susan

As you posted this over a month ago, I hope you were able to get your issue resolved.

If not, please check back in, and I will escalate.

If your issue was resolved, please mark it as resolved, so it can be closed.

Thanks!

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

relaxedguy
    Participant

I have the same problem, nobody can tell me how to keep the navigation on one line and the sidebar in place when resizing.

harpy

I never did figure this out. I set the menu fonts smaller in the @viewport section of the css and that worked to keep everything in the same place but I never found how to easily make the whole page shrink when the window get smaller.

relaxedguy
    Participant

I went back to my old theme, incredibly frustrating. Someone needs to make a plugin to manage viewports.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.