Visual Composer & Page Text Area

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Visual Composer & Page Text Area

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  CookingDiva 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

CookingDiva

Hi There, I just switched to the foodie theme {+ first-time genesis user} and don’t have any text area on my pages. I was using visual composer with my previous theme, but do I still need it? Is there any chance it will slow load times or unnecessary weight? What is your suggestion for light + functional?

Thanks,
    AJ

• This topic was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  CookingDiva.
    • This topic was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  CookingDiva.
    http://www.cooking-diva.com/real-food/

wpspeak
    Participant

Hi,

Welcome to the Genesis Community.

The purpose of using visual composer is to help you easily setup a custom layout for any of your page without any coding knowledge. As far as I know, the plugin works on pretty much any WP theme. You may keep using it even after you’ve switched to Genesis. Depending on the layout you’ve built using the plugin, you may want to set the layout to ‘full width layout” for that page.

Tom
    Participant

Hi Amy Jo,

I noticed that all of your pages, recipes and posts are composed almost entirely of headings (H1, H2, H3 etc.) This is really visually jarring as your theme converts all headline text to uppercase. Even some of your page content has been created in capitals. (Yes, it looks like every sentence is being shouted at the reader :/ ) It’s not going to help your SEO, and will likely harm your SEO, when almost everything on the page is a heading and very little is presented as content.

It may be Visual Composer/a setting, or something else, but it’s something you might look into.

Choose your next site design from over 350 Genesis themes.
    Updates via GenesisThemes.ca | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr

CookingDiva

Thanks to you both.

wpspeak: on some of my posts, I don’t have a normal ‘post’ area, just the visual composer–no other options. Any thoughts on that? Should I just disable visual composer? I don’t think I need it now.

Tom: Thanks for the heads up. I had to format it that way for my old site. Yet another reason to say ‘good riddance’ to that one. I didn’t realize it affects SEO. Should be all set now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.