Want to change background image with each menu selection

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Want to change background image with each menu selection

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  yolky 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

yolky

Hi,

I just put up a new site about 3 weeks ago with travel quizzes based on travel articles. I’m using the Agency Pro theme.

http://travelquizweekly.com/

What I’d like to do is have a different background image for each of the top level menu selections. So when someone selects a different top level menu selection a different background image will show.

Alternately, similarly, a screen-wide different image (i.e. 300 – 400 px height) for the top menu selection displayed just under the menu bar with no background image.

I’m not a php programmer so I would need the code to do this.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Charles

http://travelquizweekly.com/

braddalton
    Participant

What you can do is use conditional classes for each menu item and use them to display different background images.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

yolky

Thanks Brad.

I’ll check into how to use/code conditional classes for each menu item. I have a feeling it may be difficult to accomplish. I looked at WP forum and the first post I found about it the person tried several different things, none worked. Finally someone else answered and had independently found a method that worked, but it doesn’t seem straightforward to me.

Not knowing php it seemed like you need classes for all the variables in the statement in the example shown in that forum. I have been trying to avoid learning php coding, but it looks like I might have to learn it just to do this.

If you don’t do this sort of thing for free how much would you charge to do this? You can respond here on my personal blog if you wish.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.