Want to change the meta-title template of posts

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Want to change the meta-title template of posts

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Metamorpheus 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Metamorpheus
    Participant

Hi all,

I want to change the meta-title template of posts for my site, which runs on the News child theme. At the moment, it is…

[Post Title] – [Site Name]

… which I believe is the default. However, I’d like to change it to just [Post Title], with the site name removed.

I’d like to only do this for post titles. All other indexed taxonomies (e.g. categories) can remain as they are.

I know that numerous SEO plugins can do this for you, but it seems like overkill to install one for this small change.

Any help is appreciated!

AC
    Blocked

Have you tried changing this in the Genesis SEO settings yet?

Metamorpheus
    Participant

Yes. Unless I’m missing something, there doesn’t seem to be the option to customize the meta-titles of specific taxonomies. Instead, I can only make changes to all inner page meta-titles.

I want posts to be indexed as just [Post Title], whereas pages, categories, tags, etc. can remain indexed as [Post Title - Site Name].

AC
    Blocked

Yoast SEO might give you those options. I know the All in One SEO plugin gives you that option to give each individual one their own set up.

Metamorpheus
    Participant

Hi Anita,

Yes, they do. However, as I mentioned in the original post, I wish to avoid SEO plugins if possible. Installing them for this one small change is overkill. Moreover, I’ve had problems with them in the past, particularly concerning site speed. I consider them last resort.

Metamorpheus
    Participant

Can this be achieved by editing the child theme’s code?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.