Want to change the meta-title template of posts

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Want to change the meta-title template of posts

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Metamorpheus 1 year ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Metamorpheus
    Participant

Hi all,

I want to change the meta-title template of posts for my site, which runs on the News child theme. At the moment, it is…

[Post Title] – [Site Name]

… which I believe is the default. However, I’d like to change it to just [Post Title], with the site name removed.

I’d like to only do this for post titles. All other indexed taxonomies (e.g. categories) can remain as they are.

I know that numerous SEO plugins can do this for you, but it seems like overkill to install one for this small change.

Any help is appreciated!

Anita
    Participant

Have you tried changing this in the Genesis SEO settings yet?

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Metamorpheus
    Participant

Yes. Unless I’m missing something, there doesn’t seem to be the option to customize the meta-titles of specific taxonomies. Instead, I can only make changes to all inner page meta-titles.

I want posts to be indexed as just [Post Title], whereas pages, categories, tags, etc. can remain indexed as [Post Title - Site Name].

Anita
    Participant

Yoast SEO might give you those options. I know the All in One SEO plugin gives you that option to give each individual one their own set up.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Metamorpheus
    Participant

Hi Anita,

Yes, they do. However, as I mentioned in the original post, I wish to avoid SEO plugins if possible. Installing them for this one small change is overkill. Moreover, I’ve had problems with them in the past, particularly concerning site speed. I consider them last resort.

Metamorpheus
    Participant

Can this be achieved by editing the child theme’s code?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.