Wan't to hide genesis_post_info() to a particular category?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Wan't to hide genesis_post_info() to a particular category?

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Taba Chatung
    Participant

My blog link is HugLoo

and want to hide the Post info for this particular category (Post)  http://www.hugloo.com/sms-messages/

Problem is that, with Hook plugin the post info gets hide for all the Categories and post.

Kindly help….!!!

braddalton
    Participant

On the archive page for that category or the single posts assigned to that category.

Taba Chatung
    Participant

Sorry.. but m not getting your point.! (Or may be i explained in wrong way).

I configured on Simple hook plugin to hide the post info by selecting the “Unhook genesis_post_info() function from this hook?”

But whats the problem is that, i m looking to hide those from few selected post (Which are under single category). So, is there any way to do so such..??

braddalton
    Participant

Understand but do you want to hide the post info for posts assigned to that category on single posts or on the archive pages?

Post info is displayed on both single posts and blog, category, tag and author archive pages by default.

Paste this CSS code at the end of your child themes style.css file:
    [css]
    .category-4 .post-info {
    display: none;
    }
    [/css]

Taba Chatung
    Participant

On the archive page for that category.

I think, Post info for single post will be fine with it… Just want to hide from the archive page for that category

Taba Chatung
    Participant

Oh.. thanks for the help..! Just one more question, can i use “The code you given” for others selected category also by changing the category ID…??

braddalton
    Participant

Ok then that code will work that i posted as i tested it on your sites archive page for that category.

braddalton
    Participant

Affirmative.

You can grab the category id from the source code.

Taba Chatung
    Participant

Is the procedure ok..?

.category-4 .post-info {
    }

.category-9 .post-info {
    }

.category-18 .post-info {
    }

Or is there any CSS shortcut for this..??  [ Sorry, little knowledge of CSS ]

braddalton
    Participant

[css]
    .post-info {
    }
    [/css]

But that will hide it from your entire site. To hide it from all archives but display it on single posts you’ll need to use PHP or all that CSS which you can actually reduce.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.