Website Hacked Modern Blogger theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Website Hacked Modern Blogger theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anita 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

amuttwill

My personal blog was hacked (for lack of a better term). I haven’t used it in a while, so just noticed it, but it might have happened a while back. The content of the site is still there, but the theme is completely messed up. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the theme and copy and paste CSS from another modern blogger site I use and nothing is working. Any ideas about what I could do to get it looking the way it did before?

http://www.mommyinspirational.com

http://www.mommyinspirational.com

ezines
    Participant

Fixing your theme won’t keep the hackers out, nor will just a security plugin.

I highly recommend the guys at WP Security Pros – wpsecurity.com

They repaired three hacked sites for me and none have been re-hacked. Also reduced pageload times and repaired code errors.

amuttwill

Thank you!
    I don’t really know what happened. For a while I was receiving up to 30 user requests a day and when I went in, I had a couple hundred pending comments that were all spam. When I went onto my page to view it, the theme was still in place and all content, but it’s messed up and I can’t get it to look like it did before even though I copy and paste CSS from the original custom-made theme from my other site.
    I know fixing the site won’t fix the security issue, but I really need to find a way to get the site back up and running and then I can deal with the security issue.
    Will check into WP Security.
    Thank you.

ezines
    Participant

What you wrote is the same as saying, “my car’s engine is making loud noises and smoking but I’m going to drive 300 miles and then I’ll get it fixed.”

It’s a waste of time and effort to get your site running without first removing the cause of the hack and securing it. I learned the hard way that hackers plant hidden doors so they can get back into your site.

Anita
    Participant

@amuttwill, if you need some assistance, please contact me on my website.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.