Welcome to the StudioPress Community Forums

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Welcome to the StudioPress Community Forums

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 54 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Deborah Kunzie 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author

Islanddog
    Participant

While I like the download areas, code snippets, etc. I’m not sure about moving away from the support forums to one- on-one support.

For me, I’d say 95% of the time, when I had a question on how to do something, I could search the forum and come up with an answer, code snippet, etc. That meant I could immediately get to work solving the issue – without having to post the question and engage a support person. Now, as I understand it, questions will need to be placed on a ticket and wait for support to respond? Or, as @Jeff says above, some questions should be placed in this new forum and others as a ticket?

I’m sure you’ll clarify all this soon. And I’m very happy that the old forum will still be available (hopefully for a LONG time!) as it contains a wealth of information. Maybe over time the new forum will accumulate as much helpful info as the old one.

As an avid Genesis fan, I really liked the forums and the positive, helpful attitude of all the moderators. I’m sure moving forward the plan is to combine the best of the old and new to create an even better experience!

netviper
    Participant

For whatever reason, everyone just seem to skip my post that said the same thing as Jeff, but again, I don’t see the point of removing the forums.  That is a much better and more efficient way of getting actual community support vs. a one-on-one ticket system.  I don’t see why you can’t both both really.

Brian Gardner
    Keymaster

@netviper, sorry about that – looking back now I see I missed your post.

The bottom line is that forums are hard to scale with so many users. A lot of posts, etc get lost, get hijacked with other inquiries and so on. The one on one support is for our users to know they can come to a place where things won’t fall through the cracks.

Folks are more than welcome to come here and ask Genesis questions if they like, under the pretenses that it is a community forum where folks from the public can (and more than likely) will help.

Brian Gardner
    Keymaster

I’m going to close out this thread now so we can make things easier to answer. If you have a question or concern, start a new one and someone from our team can address it.

ladygem
    Participant

Hello, great to be here. When I first got your email (brian) I thought it was spam! I was thoroughly confused. But I finally made it.

I wanted to know how I add an avatar to my profile?

Brian Gardner
    Keymaster

@ ladygem – all you need to do is setup a Gravatar account and use the same email address that you’re using here on the forums. This will give you a global avatar across any WordPress site that you leave a comment on.

ladygem
    Participant

Thank you for your fast response! I just did it. Maybe it needs some time…either way it’s not terribly important. Thank you for your help!

Brian Gardner
    Keymaster

I see you’re crafty Gravatar of Sally. :-)

ladygem
    Participant

Ha! It worked!! Thank you for your help. I know I have bigger problems, like getting my blog together…but in the meantime I figured it would be nice to have an avatar :-).

Deborah Kunzie
    Participant

Wow, Studiopress, you have been very busy. Everything is coming together really nice. Amazing what creative minds come up with…

Deborah Kunzie
    http://deborahkunzie.com

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Welcome to the StudioPress Community Forums’ is closed to new replies.