What is the current snippet to create splash page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks What is the current snippet to create splash page

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bamajr 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

dgs
    Participant

I used the following snippet, and I guess things have changed, I still have breadcrumbs, and a footer:

<?php
    /*
    * Template Name: Monitor Page
    * This template displays only content; no header, footer, etc
    */

// Remove Header
    remove_action(‘genesis_header’, ‘genesis_header_markup_open’, 5);
    remove_action(‘genesis_header’, ‘genesis_header_markup_close’, 15);
    remove_action(‘genesis_header’, ‘genesis_do_header’);

// Remove Navigation
    remove_action(‘genesis_after_header’, ‘genesis_do_nav’);
    remove_action(‘genesis_after_header’, ‘genesis_do_subnav’);

// Remove Breadcrumbs
    remove_action(‘genesis_before_loop’, ‘genesis_do_breadcrumbs’);
    // Remove Footer
    remove_action(‘genesis_footer’, ‘genesis_do_footer’);
    remove_action(‘genesis_footer’, ‘genesis_footer_markup_open’, 5);
    remove_action(‘genesis_footer’, ‘genesis_footer_markup_close’, 15);

genesis(); // requires Genesis 1.3+

Ozzy
    Participant

you’re only leaving out one line from this post, How to create a landing page. that shouldn’t effect your breadcrumbs, though.

dgs
    Participant

My bad, I had changed them in functions.php.  This thread can be closed.

bamajr
    Participant

I don’t want to salt an old wound, but I think there splash pages and landing pages are completely different.

For most website designers, wouldn’t a splash page only be found at the root of the website (I.E. http://bamajr.com/ not http://bamajr.com/landing-page/)? Also, aren’t most splash pages limited to a single embed of flash, an image, an image slider or video, with very little or no text?

I’m bringing this up because I’m having a hard time creating a “splash page” using the home.php file, but I’ve created many landing pages, using Brian Gardner’s “How to create a Landing Page” process.

Here’s the issue. I have a single image. Lets say it is 800px by 600 px. I want to include this image, a button, below the image and contact information on a line below the button. I do not want anything else on the page (I.E. No header, navigation, blog posts, sidebar, sidebar widgets, footer widgets or footer).

This is rather easy, when creating a basic PHP/HTML website, but not as easy when using WordPress/Genesis. Am I missing something here that is making this too hard?

Where to find me: APP.net | Facebook | Google + | Twitter | Website

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What is the current snippet to create splash page’ is closed to new replies.