Where Do I Disable Google Fonts in Eleven40 Pro?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Where Do I Disable Google Fonts in Eleven40 Pro?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cdils 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

William
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using TypeKit fonts on my site, so I don’t need to load the Lora and Oswald fonts from Google Fonts. I commented out the section in functions.php that loads the fonts, and I replaced all use of them in styles.css with my TypeKit fonts.

Yes, I still see them loading when I do a performance test using tools.pingdom.com.

What am I missing? Where else do I need to visit to disable Google Fonts?

AC
    Blocked

Read Carrie’s blog here and see if this helps you. Be sure to read the comments.

William
    Participant

Hi, Anita

Thanks for the post. Unfortunately, that doesn’t appear to address my problem. I already have the TypeKit fonts loaded and working. However, the Google Fonts are still part of my initial load time and I’m trying to trim them out. I didn’t see anything in the post that helped me completely rid the Google Fonts from loading.

AC
    Blocked

Let me send a tweet out to Carrie.

cdils
    Participant

Hi William,

Instead of commenting the line out in functions.php, go ahead and remove it completely. Not sure why it’s still loading with those lines commented out, but try it anyway.

Some of the older StudioPress themes used @import in style.css to bring in fonts versus the newer themes now all use the wp_enqueue_scripts function to load them. Since you’re using Eleven40 Pro, there shouldn’t be an @import in your stylesheet, but you might double-check just to be sure.

Cheers,
    Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

William
    Participant

Thanks, Carrie.

That worked. Not sure why. I figure commenting should have disabled it, but not so. Once I cut it out, the site stopped trying to load Google Fonts.

It’s insidious, those Google Fonts.

cdils
    Participant

That really is weird! Glad that worked though. Pretty Typekit fonts FTW! :)

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.