Widen only one page in lifestyle

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Widen only one page in lifestyle

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jen Baumann 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ddknight
    Participant

Hello all,

I was directed here from the support team to ask my question. My question is:

I’m using the lifestyle theme and have a landing page made(private) and I need to fit in an iframe that 980 pixels wide. That’s wider than the site itself.

I’d like to know if it’s possible to widen ONLY the landing page. I have followed the landing page tut from http://www.briangardner.com/create-landing-page/

I don’t want to widen the entire site to accommodate the landing page, I just want to widen the lading page, specifically just the content area that will hold the iframe.

My guess is I could somehow have the landing page use it’s own .css?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

You can adjust any element for just that page using the body class Brian defined in his tutorial.

.custom-landing .whatever-element {
    }

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

ddknight
    Participant

Thanks Jen,

I’m confused somewhat so I’ll explain. Using Brians example of:
    .custom-landing #inner {
    margin: 20px auto;
    width: 700px;
    }

..if I need the width to be 980 I’d change the 700 to 980, right? Do I not also need to do the same for the wrap(which is 960)

Does this all go in the .ccs? I have Brians example in the css and nothing changes. I’ve been using firebug but to no avail.

Am I wrong in thinking i need both:
    .custom-landing #inner {

and

.custom-landing #wrap {

?..

thanks for your patience:)

My landing page has both the header and the footer, I just want to change the middle section to be wider to fit the iframe for a spreadshirt shop.

Ray

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

Yes, all of this would go in your child theme style.css file.

Depending on your site, you may need more than .custom-landing #inner and .custom-landing #wrap. You might need .custom-landing #content as well. Basically, .custom-landing can be used in front of any element you need to change.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

ddknight
    Participant

Thanks Jen!

Using both .custom-landing #wrap and .custom-landing #inner did the trick:)

thanks!

Ray

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

You’re welcome!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Widen only one page in lifestyle’ is closed to new replies.