Widget Margin Issue On Education Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Widget Margin Issue On Education Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  fredyyv 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

fredyyv
    Participant

I need to know how to modify my css files to make my sidebar widget all have equal margins on each side. details below. thanks.

Image of sidebar margin issue:

http://screencast.com/t/lxqzDiWml

Website where sidebar is location:

http://localorganicranking.com/occ/

AC
    Blocked

That’s under your .sidebar in CSS. If you only want to change the left and right – I put this and change the number to whatever you want it to be.

margin-left: 15px

margin-right 15px

Someone else may have a better way to do it.

fredyyv
    Participant

I’m sorry, I meant to say that I wanted the bottom to match the width of the left, top and right right edges. The bottom of the image has a greater width than all the other sides. I want to make all sides equal but not sure with css code to modify.

Holli
    Participant

You’ve got a class applied to the image in the sidebar of alignnone which has a margin of 25px on the bottom. You can add this line of code at the bottom of your CSS to target JUST that image in the sidebar:

#sidebar-alt img.alignnone {
    margin: 0;
    }

I tested it in firebug, and that fixed it.

emzo
    Participant

I suspect you may have the “Automatically add paragraphs” checkbox selected for these sidebar widgets. Go to your admin and take a look at the text widgets in this sidebar and see if that’s the case.

On line 1418 in your style.css file, you’ll see a rule for styling <p> tags within the sidebar, which adds a 15px bottom margin.

.sidebar p {
        font-size: inherit;
        text-shadow: #fff 1px 1px;
        margin-bottom: 15px;
    }
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  emzo. Reason: Added image of text widget
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  emzo. Reason: Added image of text widget

emzo
    Participant

If this is not the case, you can add a CSS rule to override the bottom margin of the <p> tag within this particular sidebar. Add the following line towards the end of your style.css

.widget_black_studio_tinymce p { margin-bottom: 0 }

emzo
    Participant

Sorry, just realised you’re using the Black Studio TinyMCE Widget. You’ll probably want to use this CSS instead:

.widget_black_studio_tinymce p:last-child { margin-bottom: 0 }

This will allow you to have multiple paragraphs in your widgets should you need to, and only removes the bottom margin from the very last paragraph in each TinyMCE Widget.

fredyyv
    Participant

that fixed it. thanks. you guys are awesome.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.