Widgets Conditional upon Cookies

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Widgets Conditional upon Cookies

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  JohnP 1 year ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

JohnP

Hello folks!

Is it possible to have widget areas on one page be conditional upon a selection made on a previous page, perhaps by a way of a cookie or some javascript or perhaps some php? So, to clarify, the destination page would display different widget content depending on what selection was made on the previous page. Yes, this is a rehash of a previous question I posted; but I haven’t made any progress in discovering if this is yet possible in WordPress.

Any suggestions?

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

Hmm… It really depends on what type of selection the person is making – I’m not entirely clear on what you’re doing. But if you directed them to a different page depending on the selection they made, you could use Genesis Simple Sidebars to create different sidebars for each of the pages. Hopefully that makes sense.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

JohnP

Thanks Andrea – the selection would be a city selector on a landing page and choosing any city would send you to the same page albeit with different widget areas depending on which city you chose.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.