Widgets won't open

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Widgets won't open

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Summer 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

sandrafriend
    Participant

I’m about 1,000 pages into a rebuild of my Genesis site in Epik theme on a temp URL. No theme problems to speak of, but over the past week I’ve had intermittent, and now very persistent issues with sidebars not opening (accordion won’t open) for me to add/remove content when on the widgets.php page in Dashboard. The problem extends to the available widgets themselves, they do nothing when I click on them so I can’t add them to the sidebars. I’m up to date on all plugins, theme, and WordPress and can’t find any errors using Firebug, so I’m stumped. Ideas?

http://gator2020.hostgator.com/~fh

Summer
    Participant

What plugins are you running? I had a similar issue a year or so ago, and the culprit turned out to be a weird interaction between some competing javascript, and it interfered with the way WP would update options info, as in sidebar updates and even media uploads.

sandrafriend
    Participant

The only plugins new to this test installation (as opposed to the live installation at the moment) are:
    Excerpts for Pages
    Gravity Forms
    Shortcodes UI
    Term Management Tools
    Types

Genesis plugins which I also run on the live installation with no trouble:
    Genesis Featured Grid
    Genesis Printstyle Plus
    Genesis Responsive Slider
    Genesis Simple Breadcrumbs
    Genesis Simple Hooks
    Genesis Simple Menus
    Genesis Simple Sidebars
    Genesis Social Profiles Menu
    Genesis Tabs
    Genesis Widgetized Footer

Other plugins, which are also running on the live installation with no trouble:
    AJAX Thumbnail Rebuild
    Akismet
    Categories to Tags Converter Importer
    Display Posts
    Duplicate Widget
    Easy Table
    Google Maps GPX viewer
    Link Manager
    Link Library
    Post Type Switcher
    Mappress
    Redirection
    Simple Social Icons
    Wordpress Importer

I use WP Super Cache as well but have that deactivated on the test site

Summer
    Participant

None of those are any of the ones that I had. Have you tried deactivating the newest ones one at a time, going back newest to oldest and see if one of them might be causing this? Just because a plugin is up-to-date doesn’t mean that it’s not causing a conflict.

I had to go back to an older version of WP-UI on one site because the update caused the tabs layout to stop working, while that update worked fine on two other sites.

Doesn’t Shortcodes UI do something with shortcodes in widgets? You should also be able to check the error_log for that site… it’s easy to find since you’re using Hostgator. That might give you a clue where to look next.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.